Thank you for considering a financial contribution to ACB!
Everyone deserves the opportunity to live to their fullest potential. But many talented, dedicated people are left behind just because they are blind. These are people who are eager to work hard, share their skills and ideas, and make a difference in the world.
When you make a gift to the American Council of the Blind, you are investing in a brighter future for people who are blind or visually impaired.
ACB encourages people with vision impairment to live and work independently, to make significant contributions in their communities, and to advocate for themselves. Through education, advocacy, legislation, mentorship, and leadership, ACB is making a difference in the lives of blind and visually impaired people worldwide.
But our success depends on generous support from people like you!
Whether you are blind or visually impaired yourself, are a relative or friend of someone who has vision loss, or are simply someone who wants to help, you can be proud to know that your contribution will help ACB:
- Maintain a toll-free National Information Hotline for ACB’s membership and the general public to answer questions about blindness, low-vision, and related services
- Provide scholarship funds to outstanding legally blind, postsecondary students who are enrolled in academic, professional, or technical training programs
- Advocate for and foster equal access for people who are blind or visually impaired to information, services, and activities enjoyed by the general public
- Publish the ACB Braille Forum and other public information documents
- Manage and produce ACB Radio, a six-stream, internet-based radio service that offers accessible, up-to-date news and information related to vision loss, produced by programmers who are blind, as well as a distribution channel for musicians and performers who are blind
- Support ACB’s Audio Description Project, which educates and advocates for the use of audio description on television and in social media, in theaters, museums, parks and in the classroom
Join us by giving generously. Together, the future looks brighter for us all!
To find out more about how to donate to ACB, please visit the links under "Ways to Give" in the right-hand column of this page.