Volume LVIII September 2019 No. 3
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2019 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message, by Dan Spoone
- Let’s Get Connected!, by Cindy Van Winkle
- ACB Board Approves Vision and Core Values Statements, Endorses Constitutional Amendment, Looks at Code of Conduct Policy Draft, by Deb Cook Lewis
- Looking Back at Rochester and Ahead to Schaumburg, by Janet Dickelman
- Mega News from the Mini Mall, by Carla Ruschival
- Walmart and Sam’s Club Set Standard for Providing Accessible Prescription Labels Across U.S.
- ACB Radio Holiday Auction: The Fun Begins, by Carla Ruschival
- Transportation - The Journey Continues, by Ron Brooks
- A Committee for All Things Transportation and Mobility, by Barbara Salisbury
- Sharing the Roads, by Marcia J. Wick
- VW Bug to the Rescue, by Dr. Ronald E. Milliman
- Self-Driving Cars and Date Night, by Ron Brooks
- Access to Amtrak: Making America’s Rails More Accessible, by Claire Stanley
- Transit Tales
- Affiliate News
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forum
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your email address and name where indicated.
Check out the ACB Radio Mainstream to keep abreast of the happenings in the blind community.
ACB Radio's Main Menu is the talk of the town when it comes to technology; check it out at www.acbradio.org