Carla Ruschival, President
148 Vernon Ave.
Louisville, KY 40206
H: (502) 897-1472
Who We Are
Blindness and low vision are a part of almost every family. That’s why we formed ACB Families.
ACB Families is for anyone whose family includes anyone who is blind or who experiences low vision. So if you are blind or visually impaired and part of a family, or if you are related to or living with a blind or visually impaired person, ACB Families is for you.
What We Do
ACB Families provides information, peer support and friendship for anyone whose family includes blindness or low vision.
- We conduct monthly Board and membership meeting calls on the second Sunday of each month. These calls often include informational presentations on topics ranging from family finances to accessible gift ideas, to special education and school issues, to strategies for making the ACB convention affordable and enjoyable for the whole family.
- We hold monthly peer support calls where members and friends share questions, concerns, tips and tricks on everything from homeschooling ideas to summer camps and shopping.
- We conduct family-friendly activities at each year’s ACB Conference and Convention. Can you say BINGO? We also gather for an annual breakfast with a short but informative business meeting and program.
- We share additional information via email and social media.
- We create a safe place for ACB members to give and share information about virtually any topic that impacts life within a family
When We Meet
- Monthly Board and Membership Meeting – Second Sunday of each month, beginning at 9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific.
- Monthly Peer Support Call – Fourth Sunday of each month, beginning at 9 PM Eastern/6 PM
- You can dial into any monthly Board and membership call or peer support call by dialing (712) 432-3900 and entering code 796096 and the pound sign.
- Annual Meetings – We hold an ACB Families BINGO Night and our Annual Breakfast and Business Meeting at each year’s ACB Conference and Convention.
Everyone is welcome to join ACB Families. Dues are $8.00 and include membership in the American Council of the Blind. Join by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your mailing address
- Your date of birth
- Whether you are blind, visually impaired or sighted
- Your preferred format for the ACB Braille Forum (braille, large print or email)
Then, pay dues either:
- By phone with your credit card by calling (502) 897-1472.
- Online by going to www.paypal.com and paying $8 to email@example.com, or
- By mail by sending a note with the information listed above and a check or money order for $8, payable to ACB Families, to the following address: ACB Families, 148 Vernon Avenue, Louisville, KY 40206.
Members are Winners!
If you join or renew your membership with ACB Families by November 20, you will be automatically eligible for a $50 gift card. And if you join us for our November 25 Peer Support Call, you’ll be entered into a separate drawing for an additional $25. Now that’s how to get a jump on your holiday spending, so don’t miss out on your chances to win.
Connect with ACB Families
- Join our ACB Families email list by visiting the email list page at www.acb.org or by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on FaceBook at www.facebook.com/acbfamilies.
Last updated September 24, 2018