Volume L December 2011 No. 4
Published by the American Council of the Blind
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
fax: (703) 465-5085
Web site: http://www.acb.org
THE BRAILLE FORUM (TM) is available in braille, large print, half-speed four-track cassette tape, data CD, and via e-mail. Subscription requests, address changes, and items intended for publication should be sent to Sharon Lovering at the address above, or via e-mail to email@example.com.
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at the number listed above.
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB via the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the "Washington Connection" toll-free at (800) 424-8666, 5 p.m. to midnight Eastern time, or read it online.
American Council of the Blind
Due to an editing error, there was a misprint in the Friday section of "ACB in the Silver State: Golden Past, Diamond Future" (October-November 2011). Officers are limited to three consecutive two-year terms. Directors are allowed to serve two four-year terms. We regret the error.
Table of Contents
- President's Report to the National Conference, Part III, by Mitch Pomerantz
- American Council of the Blind Releases Updated Pedestrian Safety Handbook, by Melanie Brunson
- The Galt House Awaits ACB, by Janet Dickelman
- Discover Madrid - Don't Miss Out!
- Social Networking: How It Works, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Thank you for a Fine Job, Mr. Jobs, by Ray Campbell
- In Memoriam: Lola Siren, by Harvey Heagy
- Affiliate News
- Give the Gift That Keeps on Giving to ACB, by Ray Campbell
- Free Marketing & Public Relations Assistance for Your Affiliate or Chapter!!
- Letter to the Editor
- Here and There, edited by Sue Lichtenfels
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
FORUM SUBSCRIPTION NOTES
To subscribe to "The Braille Forum" via e-mail, go to www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/brailleforum-L.
ARE YOU MOVING? DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.