Volume XLIX June 2011 No. 12
Published by tthe American Council of the Blind
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
fax: (703) 465-5085
Web site: http://www.acb.org
THE BRAILLE FORUM (TM) is available in braille, large print, half-speed four-track cassette tape, data CD, and via e-mail. Subscription requests, address changes, and items intended for publication should be sent to Sharon Lovering at the address above, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at the number listed above.
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB via the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the "Washington Connection" toll-free at (800) 424-8666, 5 p.m. to midnight Eastern time, or read it online.
American Council of the Blind
Table of Contents
- President's Message: ACB's Past: Prelude to Our Future, by Mitch Pomerantz
- Summary of Meetings of the ACB Board of Directors, by Jenine Stanley
- ACB's Golden Anniversary, by Carla Ruschival
- Blindness and Mobility Device Etiquette, by Darian Slayton Fleming
- Want More Braille Forums? Buy a Chance to Win a Sweet Prize!, by Dan Dillon
- Extra, Extra! Convention Newspaper Now Seeking Volunteers
- ACB's Audio Description Project Updates, by Joel Snyder
- A Long Journey Begins with a Single Step, by Dan Dillon
- Striding for Gold in the Silver State, by Ron Milliman
- Affiliate News: Convention Sneak Preview
- Helping ACB Celebrate its 50th Anniversary with an International Flavor
- Gold Diggin' Auction: Going Green for ACB
- 2011 ACB Membership Seminar
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, and Board of Publications
FORUM SUBSCRIPTION NOTES
To subscribe to "The Braille Forum" via e-mail, go to www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/brailleforum-L.
ARE YOU MOVING? DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.